If you are planning a trip to the Lake District, then Rydal Road Car Park is a great place to start your adventure. This car park is located in the picturesque town of Ambleside, just a short walk away from Rydal Water and Grasmere Lake. In this guide, we will provide you with all the information you need to know about Rydal Road Car Park, including its location, facilities, and nearby attractions.
1. Overview of Rydal Road Car Park
Rydal Road Car Park is a popular parking spot in Ambleside, located just a short walk away from Rydal Water and Grasmere Lake. This car park is open 24/7 and offers plenty of parking spaces for visitors.
2. Location and Directions
Rydal Road Car Park is located at Rydal Road, Ambleside LA22 9AN, United Kingdom. If you are driving from Windermere, you can follow the A591 to Ambleside and then turn onto Rydal Road. The car park is located on the left-hand side of the road.
3. Parking Fees and Hours of Operation
The parking fees at Rydal Road Car Park are as follows:
- Up to 1 hour: £1.00
- Up to 2 hours: £2.00
- Up to 4 hours: £3.50
- Up to 10 hours: £6.50
- Overnight: £7.50
The car park is open 24/7, and you can pay for your parking using cash or card.
4. Facilities Available at Rydal Road Car Park
Rydal Road Car Park offers a range of facilities for visitors, including:
- Baby changing facilities
- Disabled parking bays
- EV charging points
- CCTV cameras for security
5. Accessibility Information
Rydal Road Car Park has a number of disabled parking bays available for visitors, as well as toilets and baby changing facilities that are accessible to wheelchair users. The car park is also equipped with EV charging points for electric vehicles.
6. Nearby Attractions
Rydal Road Car Park is located just a short walk away from Rydal Water and Grasmere Lake, two of the most beautiful lakes in the Lake District. There are also a number of other nearby attractions, including:
- Wordsworth’s Dove Cottage
- The Armitt Museum and Library
- Stock Ghyll Force Waterfall
- Ambleside Roman Fort
7. Hiking Trails from Rydal Road Car Park
Rydal Road Car Park is a great starting point for a number of hiking trails in the Lake District. Some popular hiking routes that start from Rydal Road Car Park include:
- Loughrigg Fell
- Fairfield Horseshoe
- Helm Crag
8. Tips for Visitors
Here are some tips for visitors to Rydal Road Car Park:
- Arrive early to avoid crowds and ensure a parking spot.
- Bring comfortable walking shoes for hiking.
- Check the weather forecast before setting out on a hike.
- Pack a picnic lunch to enjoy by the lakeside.
- Respect the natural environment and take your litter with you.